L
e
a
g
u
e
Welcome!
& I wanna go back to the past
{/profile --
ramblings of three history girls
Khong Huiqing, 15
Liu Jia Xuan, 27 Loke Xue Yi, 29
CHIJ St.Joseph's Convent
They loveHistory
and HITLER!
HISTORY RESEARCH ASSIGNMENT
"There was nothing the League of Nation could have done,
To prevent World War II" - Do you agree? Explain your answer
{/What about the League?:O --
Saturday, July 25, 2009 ( 12:11 AM )
* One of the main aims of the peace settlements was to create a new international order,, that is new ways countries could relate to each other.
o Some people believed that the war was fought to protect the weaker nations from the stronger ones.
o Others believed that the war was fought for selfish reasons.
o They were determined to ensure that such a war would never occur again.
* A belief in an international organisation to keep pace had sprung up in all the major countries involved in World War 1 (although the movement in Germany was suppressed).
* In the 1916 US presidential election, both candidates had supported the setting up of an international peacekeeping body.
* The idea was one of President Wilson’s Fourteen Points.
* When the Allies met at Versailles, they quickly agreed on setting up the League of Nations. A committee chaired by President Wilson agreed on the constitution of the League in only ten days.
League of Nation!
"Peace cannot be kept by force
It can only be achieved by understanding"- Albert Einstein
{/HYPERLINKS --
Acknowledgement of Sources
Videos:
www.youtube.com
"War should be made a crime,
and those who instigate it should be punished as criminals"- Charles Evans Hughes
{/tagboard --
i think they call it freedom of speech
"War means blind obedience, unthinking stupidity, brutish callousness,
wanton destruction, and irresponsible murder"- Alexander Berkman
{/links --
GOODBYE!
Quotes
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Causes_of_World_War_II#Problems_with_the_League_of_Nations
http://www.socyberty.com/History/Why-Was-There-a-War-in-1939.39914http://www.essortment.com/all/worldwarwhat_rkdp.htm
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/League_of_Nations
{/archives --
World War II times, 1933-1939
July 2009
{/credits --
designer DancingSheep
"War does not determine who is right,
only who is left"- Bertrand Russell
{/music --
Please don't stop the music
now playing
How To Save A Life, The Fray Step one you say we need to talk
He walks you say sit down it's just a talk
He smiles politely back at you
You stare politely right on through
Some sort of window to your right
As he goes left and you stay right
Between the lines of fear and blame
You begin to wonder why you came
CHORUS: Where did I go wrong, I lost a friend
Somewhere along in the bitterness
And I would have stayed up with you all night
Had I known how to save a life
Let him know that you know best
Cause after all you do know best
Try to slip past his defense
Without granting innocence
Lay down a list of what is wrong
The things you've told him all along
And pray to God he hears you
And pray to God he hears you
CHORUS: Where did I go wrong, I lost a friend
Somewhere along in the bitterness
And I would have stayed up with you all night
Had I known how to save a life
As he begins to raise his voice
You lower yours and grant him one last choice
Drive until you lose the road
Or break with the ones you've followed
He will do one of two things
He will admit to everything
Or he'll say he's just not the same
And you'll begin to wonder why you came
CHORUS: Where did I go wrong, I lost a friend
Somewhere along in the bitterness
And I would have stayed up with you all night
Had I known how to save a life
CHORUS: Where did I go wrong, I lost a friend
Somewhere along in the bitterness
And I would have stayed up with you all night
Had I known how to save a life
How to save a life
How to save a life
CHORUS: Where did I go wrong, I lost a friend
Somewhere along in the bitterness
And I would have stayed up with you all night
Had I known how to save a life
CHORUS: Where did I go wrong, I lost a friend
Somewhere along in the bitterness And I would have stayed up with you all night
Had I known how to save a life
How to save a life